To purchase fiberglass or aluminum color guard flag poles, please visit our store at www.swbandproducts.com. We receive a lot of questions when customers call in to order poles. This post will address some of the common ones.
• How should I weight my pole? We do not sell weights because we feel that the best method of weighting requires parts that are readily available at home improvement stores. All you need is a pair of carriage bolts and 1″ washers, electrical tape, and two rubber end caps. Colorguardeducator.com has an excellent article that will give you more detail about our recommended method. Click here to be redirected to the article. We like this method because it allows the guard member to fine tune weighting, in addition to being easily reversible. Note: our poles come with plastic caps, customers will need to order the rubber end caps separately in order to implement the referenced weighting method
• Why is shipping so expensive to ship just one pole? UPS has surcharge on any box that exceed 60 inches. Any pole that is above 5 ft is subject to that surcharge. Using a round number example, if a normal sized package costs $11 to ship to your address, a 5 foot flag pole will run about $19. Our store uses real time UPS shipping rates based on weight and package size. IMPORTANT! If you are ordering a flag to go with your pole, select the same manufacturer for both. For example, if you order a StylePlus flag- you should order StylePlus Flag Pole with it. This is because some flags are drop shipped, and it will save you money to have them shipped in the same box from the same location.
• Do you sell tape for decorating a color guard flag pole? Yes. Click here to be redirected that section of our online store.
• Which is better- Fiberglass or Aluminum? That can be a hot topic of debate among instructors. There are pros and cons to each. We won’t take sides on this one! What we can tell you is that aluminum does outsell fiberglass for competitive guard groups.
• What pole height do you recommend? There are so many factors when determining the proper pole height. The best thing to do is ask your instructor. 6 ft is the unofficial standard for high school on up.
• How long will it take for my pole order to arrive? Any orders placed before 2pm EST usually go out that same day. Most parts of the country will arrive in 2-3 business days. West Coast and Mountain regions, allow 4-5 business days to arrive.
If you have any other questions, give us a call at 877-286-9925 or send us an email at email@example.com. We are here 7 days a week!